Monday, September 28, 2009

Cheap Terrain Mat!

I'm going to be running a Combat Storm battle with the squads being run by some members of the Combat Storm Wargames Yahoo Group. So I needed to set up the city in the garage, cause it may be there for a little while. I thought I'd make a mat for the battle, so here it is:


First I grabbed a couple yellow tablecloths from the dollar store....


Then I spread them out and taped them down. Notice the tape on the tablecloth? Thats what happens when you don't cut the bag open carefully...


Then I broke out the spraypaint cans and sprayed on some features like roads and ponds, and threw a couple hills on it....


Then the fun part...I set up the city with buildings, palm trees, walls, sandbags and all that. Once I generate the squads and assign them to the players, we can get this thing started!

No comments:

Post a Comment